What is a complaint?
It is a request made by an individual to investigate the conduct of a Judicial Branch officer for conduct that is unethical  or is contrary to the Judicial Branch administrative policies.
How do you file a complaint against a Judicial Branch officer?
A person who wishes to file a complaint a complaint against an officer must submit an affidavit with the following information:

  1. The complainant’s full name, mailing address, and telephone number.
  2. The full name and position of the officer against whom the complaint is made. If you do not have this information, provide enough information to identify the officer.
  3. A brief summary of the conduct or events leading to the complaint, including the date and location where the issue occurred.
  4. Names of any witnesses and any information or documents that may support your complaint.
Where are complaints filed?
Complaints may be filed in person or by mail with the Office of Legal Affairs, located at the Office of Court Administration:

268 Muñoz Rivera Avenue
San Juan, PR

How and when will the complainant know the outcome of the complaint?
Complaints are handled confidentially. Once the process ends, the complainant will be notified of the outcome.
Where can I get more information?
For more information, please call the Office of Legal Affairs at (787) 641-6600, ext. 5806. This office is the Judicial Branch unit that, among other functions, handles and investigates complaints filed against Judicial Branch officers.